Many factors can contribute to a change in dental health or loss of one or more teeth, such as dental injury, untreated tooth decay, gum disease and aging. Dental implants are often considered the superior choice for permanent tooth replacement.
The popularity of dental implants has soared, and for good reason–advancements in modern dentistry have boosted the technology used to both design and place them. So what is holding some patients back from their healthiest mouths with dental implants?
Dental Implants In San Diego
The rise of dental implants have created competition among dental practices. This means that the aggressive advertising techniques employed by some dentists have perpetuated some misconceptions and myths. Let’s clear them up, shall we?
1. Misconception: Bargain implants are the best route. It’s simply not possible, when it comes to your health, to pay the lowest possible price for the highest possible quality. You get what you pay for: if you elect cheap prices, you’ll end up with cheap results. Would you really want something poorly made to be placed permanently in your body?
At New Image Dental we use the most efficient technology and quality products to give you results that are built to last, but won’t break the bank, and won’t be performed by anyone other than our CEREC-certified trainers, Drs. Leslie and Scott Strommer, to provide the most predictable and reliable results.
2. All dentists are created equal. Not when it comes to their qualifications and expertise! Most general dentistry schools do not provide the specific training necessary to be able to provide dental implant treatment.
Drs. Leslie and Scott Strommer have practiced cosmetic, general and restorative dentistry for almost two decades and pursue hundreds of hours of continual training year after year. Not only are they equipped with the best in CEREC dental implant technology, but they train other dentists around the country and beyond in advanced implant dentistry with CEREC.
3. You can get dental implants in one day. One of the exciting developments in dental care is CEREC, a state of the art technology that allows dentists to design and build top quality dental crowns and other tooth replacements in the office instead of sending them out to a lab. While this cuts down on the number of visits immensely, it will not happen all in one day.
Your dentist still needs to sit with you and assess your oral health, discuss treatment plans, and collaborate on the appearance of the implant and dental crown you are likely receiving. If you want careful planning to be a part of your experience (and hopefully you do!), you should expect more than one visit when it comes to dental implants.
4. Will my dental implant hurt? Again, developments in modern dentistry have improved the quality of both product and process. This goes for implants, too.
Advances have greatly reduced the amount of discomfort involved in this dental procedure, and the use of anesthesia eliminates pain during the procedure. You will most likely only feel mild discomfort after completion, and that can be easily alleviated with over the counter pain relievers.
5. Dental implants are totally obvious. Unlike dentures and crowns and bridges, dental implants replicate the entire structure of the tooth to achieve a superior fit, durability and feel. The result is a naturally radiant smile. The implants are virtually undetectable!
High Quality Dental Implants in San Diego
At New Image Dental, we are committed to keeping our patients educated and informed on all things related to oral health. If you have any questions or concerns about implants, or if you’re ready to schedule a visit with your local family dentist in San Diego, contact us at (619) 280–9100.